One killed in West Bengal earthquake
Jalpaiguri: One person was killed when a mud house collapsed in Milan tea garden due to earthquake in Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal, District Magistrate S Mahapatra said.
The unidentified deceased was around 20 years old, he said.
The National Highway 31 developed a major crack between Maynaguri and Lataguri area in the district.
People in Jalpaiguri town, where power supply and telephone communication snapped, rushed out of their houses and gathered on the roads and open spaces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'