One killed in West Bengal earthquake
Jalpaiguri: One person was killed when a mud house collapsed in Milan tea garden due to earthquake in Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal, District Magistrate S Mahapatra said.
The unidentified deceased was around 20 years old, he said.
The National Highway 31 developed a major crack between Maynaguri and Lataguri area in the district.
People in Jalpaiguri town, where power supply and telephone communication snapped, rushed out of their houses and gathered on the roads and open spaces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video