One killed in West Bengal earthquake
Jalpaiguri: One person was killed when a mud house collapsed in Milan tea garden due to earthquake in Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal, District Magistrate S Mahapatra said.
The unidentified deceased was around 20 years old, he said.
The National Highway 31 developed a major crack between Maynaguri and Lataguri area in the district.
People in Jalpaiguri town, where power supply and telephone communication snapped, rushed out of their houses and gathered on the roads and open spaces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan