One Maoist killed in gun battle with joint forces
Jhargram (WB): In a gun battle between
the joint security forces and Maoists inside a forest in West
Midnapore district on Wednesday, one ultra was killed, police said.
Personnel of the joint forces and policemen from
Belpahari police station raided forested areas of Talpukuria
and Madhupur, adjacent to Barikul area of neighbouring Bankura
district, where the Maoists had attacked two camps of security
personnel on January 25 killing one.
The sources said the raid followed a tip off that the
Maoists group involved in the attack in Barikul had taken
shelter in the forested area.
Seeing the securitymen, the Maoists started firing and
the men in uniform retaliated. After a three-hour gun battle,
the ultras managed to flee.
The body of one Maoist was found in the forest, the
sources said adding his body was taken to Belpahari.
Unconfirmed reports, however, put to the toll to two.
Meanwhile, a Bankura report said an IRB personnel,
Ajoy Pande, who had gone missing after the attack in the
camps, came to the Barikul police station this morning.
However, the police were tightlipped about what had
happened to him during and after the attack. He was being
It had been suspected that Pande was kidnapped by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead