One more dies mysterious fever in Malda
Malda (WB): With the death of one more person today in Malda district of a mysterious fever, the toll reached four since Tuesday, officials said here.
A tribal man died of the fever in the district hospital during the day, while a 15-year-old girl and two minor boys passed away at the hospital on Tuesday.
Hundreds of patients of various age groups have been admitted at the and the authorities were forced to keep many of them in the balcony of the hospital, the sources said.
Majority of the patients were admitted in the paediatric and medicine wards.
Leaves of all staff members were cancelled following pressure of patients in the hospital, the sources said.
Blood samples of the fever patients have been sent to Kolkata for diagnosing the disease, which could be a result of dengue. The symptoms include high body temperature, body ache and nausea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi