One more dies mysterious fever in Malda
Malda (WB): With the death of one more person today in Malda district of a mysterious fever, the toll reached four since Tuesday, officials said here.
A tribal man died of the fever in the district hospital during the day, while a 15-year-old girl and two minor boys passed away at the hospital on Tuesday.
Hundreds of patients of various age groups have been admitted at the and the authorities were forced to keep many of them in the balcony of the hospital, the sources said.
Majority of the patients were admitted in the paediatric and medicine wards.
Leaves of all staff members were cancelled following pressure of patients in the hospital, the sources said.
Blood samples of the fever patients have been sent to Kolkata for diagnosing the disease, which could be a result of dengue. The symptoms include high body temperature, body ache and nausea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Do you want to work for the Narendra Modi Government? Apply here
- Fire in Hauz Khas Village, one found dead
- Premier League 2016-17: Sunderland struggling to match rivals financially, says David Moyes
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan
- Uttar Pradesh Speaker to decide on disqualification of Swamy Prasad Maurya