One more person arrested in Madan Tamang murder case
Darjeeling: One more person was arrested
today in connection with the murder of All India Gorkha League
president Madan Tamang, taking the total number of people
arrested in this case to 10, police said here.
Superintendent of Police of Darjeeling D P Singh said
Nicol Tamang, an accused in the murder of AIGL chief, was
arrested from Tenjali area of Darjeeling.
Nicol was absconding after the murder but police arrested
him today due to a tip-off.
Meanwhile, the AIGL supporters today blocked the Hill
Cart Road which connects Darjeeling with the plains for about
five hours demanding that the police arrests all the culprits
involved in the murder of Madan Tamang.
Madan Tamang was murdered in broad daylight on May 21
while supervising arrangements for a meeting of the All India
Gorkha League at Darjeeling town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi