One more person arrested in Madan Tamang murder case
Darjeeling: One more person was arrested
today in connection with the murder of All India Gorkha League
president Madan Tamang, taking the total number of people
arrested in this case to 10, police said here.
Superintendent of Police of Darjeeling D P Singh said
Nicol Tamang, an accused in the murder of AIGL chief, was
arrested from Tenjali area of Darjeeling.
Nicol was absconding after the murder but police arrested
him today due to a tip-off.
Meanwhile, the AIGL supporters today blocked the Hill
Cart Road which connects Darjeeling with the plains for about
five hours demanding that the police arrests all the culprits
involved in the murder of Madan Tamang.
Madan Tamang was murdered in broad daylight on May 21
while supervising arrangements for a meeting of the All India
Gorkha League at Darjeeling town.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India