One person killed in CPI(M), Congress clash
Murshidabad (West Bengal): Days ahead of Panchayat polls, a person was killed and another injured in a clash between supporters of CPI(M) and Congress, police said on Sunday.
CPI(M) activist Naushad Mandal was killed and another party activist injured as the two groups clashed in Koshaberia village last night.
Later during the day, police arrested six persons from the spot.
Panchayat elections are scheduled for July 22 in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees