close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

One student injured while escaping fire at Presidency University

In October 2010 a major fire had broken out at the Baker building of the university.



Kolkata: One student was injured while trying to escape a fire which broke out inside the server room of Presidency University library in the city Friday afternoon, police said.

Thick black smoke engulfed the entire College Street campus of the University after fire broke out at around 1.30 PM inside the server room of the library probably due to an electrical botch-up in the air conditioning machine, a senior police officer said.

A student suffered minor injuries when he along with others fell down while trying to flee fearing the blaze was a massive fire, the officer said.

Five fire tenders were pressed into service and students as well as teachers were evacuated from the century-old building, he said.

In October 2010 a major fire had broken out at the Baker building of the university that houses the chemistry department where chemicals and gas cylinders were stored.  

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions