Operational hours of Bagdogra airport extended up to 10 PM
Kolkata: Indian Air Force Authority has extended the flight operational hours at Bagdogra airport, in north Bengal, by five hours to 10 PM with effect from on Monday.
An official intimation to this effect was received by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s office in a fax message from the Civil Aviation Ministry.
Banerjee had earlier requested the union civil ministry to extend the watch hours of the airport to give boost to industry and tourism and for the benefit of the passengers.
"It is intimated that watch hours of Bagdogra airport is extended upto 2200 hours with effect from July 1, 2013", the fax message said.
"Indian Air Force authority has agreed to extend the present watch hours up to 10 pm with immediate effect," it said.
The message said it would be beneficial in boosting tourism and transport and business opportunities of hotels in the region.
"It would make for the steady growth of the airport in respect of passenger movement and cargo", it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’