Operational hours of Bagdogra airport extended up to 10 PM
Kolkata: Indian Air Force Authority has extended the flight operational hours at Bagdogra airport, in north Bengal, by five hours to 10 PM with effect from on Monday.
An official intimation to this effect was received by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s office in a fax message from the Civil Aviation Ministry.
Banerjee had earlier requested the union civil ministry to extend the watch hours of the airport to give boost to industry and tourism and for the benefit of the passengers.
"It is intimated that watch hours of Bagdogra airport is extended upto 2200 hours with effect from July 1, 2013", the fax message said.
"Indian Air Force authority has agreed to extend the present watch hours up to 10 pm with immediate effect," it said.
The message said it would be beneficial in boosting tourism and transport and business opportunities of hotels in the region.
"It would make for the steady growth of the airport in respect of passenger movement and cargo", it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh