Operational hours of Bagdogra airport extended up to 10 PM
Kolkata: Indian Air Force Authority has extended the flight operational hours at Bagdogra airport, in north Bengal, by five hours to 10 PM with effect from on Monday.
An official intimation to this effect was received by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s office in a fax message from the Civil Aviation Ministry.
Banerjee had earlier requested the union civil ministry to extend the watch hours of the airport to give boost to industry and tourism and for the benefit of the passengers.
"It is intimated that watch hours of Bagdogra airport is extended upto 2200 hours with effect from July 1, 2013", the fax message said.
"Indian Air Force authority has agreed to extend the present watch hours up to 10 pm with immediate effect," it said.
The message said it would be beneficial in boosting tourism and transport and business opportunities of hotels in the region.
"It would make for the steady growth of the airport in respect of passenger movement and cargo", it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!