Oppn flays West Bengal FM
Kolkata: Opposition Left Front criticised
state Finance Minister Amit Mitra on Thursday for failing to present
a full budget in the assembly and said the government was
taking the state towards `financial anarchy.`
``The Finance Minister has failed to present a full
budget in the assembly. He only made an extempore speech. This
was not listed in the business of the House,`` Leader of the
Opposition Surjya Kanta Mishra said at a press conference
after the first day of discussion on the financial statement
presented by Mitra.
Accusing the government of taking the state towards
`financial anarchy`, he said ``The government is announcing
new projects almost daily. It is not clear where the funds
will come from.``
Mishra said after taking over the new government had
passed a vote-on-account for two months and the Opposition
had expected the finance minister to present a full budget.
``It seems the government is living hand-to-mouth. It
has virtually passed a vote-on-account for a year. I have
never seen the government fall into such a bad state.``
Describing Mitra`s financial statement as
`direction less,` he said it was not clear what the government
intended to do to bring down fiscal deficit or revenue
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened