Opposition walkout in WB assembly
Kolkata: The CPI(M)-led opposition Left Front on Tuesday walked out of the West Bengal assembly in protest against the guillotining of 31 budgets without any discussion.
Left Front members shouting that it was the guillotine of democracy, walked out as the 31 departmental budgets were guillotined.
Opposition members alleged discussions were urgently required for important departments like hill affairs, minority affairs and land, which were guillotined.
Some opposition members alleged that the state government was deliberately avoiding a discussion on vital departmental budgets and resorting to guillotine.
Leader of the Opposition Suryakanta Mishra said it was the guillotine of democracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH