Opposition walkout in WB assembly
Kolkata: The CPI(M)-led opposition Left Front on Tuesday walked out of the West Bengal assembly in protest against the guillotining of 31 budgets without any discussion.
Left Front members shouting that it was the guillotine of democracy, walked out as the 31 departmental budgets were guillotined.
Opposition members alleged discussions were urgently required for important departments like hill affairs, minority affairs and land, which were guillotined.
Some opposition members alleged that the state government was deliberately avoiding a discussion on vital departmental budgets and resorting to guillotine.
Leader of the Opposition Suryakanta Mishra said it was the guillotine of democracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack