Opposition walkout in WB assembly
Kolkata: The CPI(M)-led opposition Left Front on Tuesday walked out of the West Bengal assembly in protest against the guillotining of 31 budgets without any discussion.
Left Front members shouting that it was the guillotine of democracy, walked out as the 31 departmental budgets were guillotined.
Opposition members alleged discussions were urgently required for important departments like hill affairs, minority affairs and land, which were guillotined.
Some opposition members alleged that the state government was deliberately avoiding a discussion on vital departmental budgets and resorting to guillotine.
Leader of the Opposition Suryakanta Mishra said it was the guillotine of democracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!