Opposition walkout in WB assembly
Kolkata: The CPI(M)-led opposition Left Front on Tuesday walked out of the West Bengal assembly in protest against the guillotining of 31 budgets without any discussion.
Left Front members shouting that it was the guillotine of democracy, walked out as the 31 departmental budgets were guillotined.
Opposition members alleged discussions were urgently required for important departments like hill affairs, minority affairs and land, which were guillotined.
Some opposition members alleged that the state government was deliberately avoiding a discussion on vital departmental budgets and resorting to guillotine.
Leader of the Opposition Suryakanta Mishra said it was the guillotine of democracy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India