Opposition walkout in WB assembly
Kolkata: The CPI(M)-led opposition Left Front on Tuesday walked out of the West Bengal assembly in protest against the guillotining of 31 budgets without any discussion.
Left Front members shouting that it was the guillotine of democracy, walked out as the 31 departmental budgets were guillotined.
Opposition members alleged discussions were urgently required for important departments like hill affairs, minority affairs and land, which were guillotined.
Some opposition members alleged that the state government was deliberately avoiding a discussion on vital departmental budgets and resorting to guillotine.
Leader of the Opposition Suryakanta Mishra said it was the guillotine of democracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail