Ordinance a ploy to buy time: Biman Bose
Kolkata: The Opposition Left Front on Monday described West Bengal government`s mulling an ordinance to take over the property of chit fund company Saradha Group as a `ploy`.
"The proposal of bringing an ordinance is a ploy to buy more time to bail out Saradha chairman Sudipto Sen," Left Front chairman Biman Bose told reporters here.
"Bringing an ordinance is a time consuming process, longer the government takes to bring an ordinance, more the time Sudipto gets," said Bose.
The arrest of Sen has been ordered by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Taking a dig at Trinamool Congress general secretary Mukul Roy, who has promised that the government and party will take action against guilty partymen, he said, "I want to ask him about his views on the violence in Presidency University and involvement of Trinamool Congress councillor Mohamed Iqbal in the killing of a police officer."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation