Orissa alert after West Bengal bird flu
Bhubaneswar: Orissa has increased surveillance in two border districts as a precaution in view of bird flu cases in neighbouring West Bengal, an official said Thursday.
All necessary measures have been taken in Balasore and Mayurbhanj on the basis of a direction received from the central government, Animal Resources Development Department Secretary Satyabrata Sahu told reporters.
"We have formed several rapid response teams in the region and are monitoring the health of the birds," Sahu said.
Poultry samples tested positive earlier this week in Nadia district of West Bengal, 300 km from the Orissa border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad