Over 69,000 non-bailable warrants pending in Bengal
Kolkata: The West Bengal government is yet
to execute more than 69,000 non-bailable arrest warrants ahead
of the assembly elections scheduled from next month, sources
in the Chief Electoral Officer`s office said.
"From March 1 till date, 7,206 non-bailable arrest
warrants have been executed but 69,153 are still pending," a
558 bombs, 425 kg gelatine, 424 rounds of cartridges
and 290 firearms were recovered and 7,048 people arrested on
bailable warrants since March 1.
Meanwhile, Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh said that 200
companies of CRPF were currently in the state and out of this,
100 companies would leave for Assam on March 22 for assembly
elections in that state.
The West Bengal government has sought 800 company of
the central forces for the assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index