Over 69,000 non-bailable warrants pending in Bengal
Kolkata: The West Bengal government is yet
to execute more than 69,000 non-bailable arrest warrants ahead
of the assembly elections scheduled from next month, sources
in the Chief Electoral Officer`s office said.
"From March 1 till date, 7,206 non-bailable arrest
warrants have been executed but 69,153 are still pending," a
558 bombs, 425 kg gelatine, 424 rounds of cartridges
and 290 firearms were recovered and 7,048 people arrested on
bailable warrants since March 1.
Meanwhile, Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh said that 200
companies of CRPF were currently in the state and out of this,
100 companies would leave for Assam on March 22 for assembly
elections in that state.
The West Bengal government has sought 800 company of
the central forces for the assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic