Over 69,000 non-bailable warrants pending in Bengal
Kolkata: The West Bengal government is yet
to execute more than 69,000 non-bailable arrest warrants ahead
of the assembly elections scheduled from next month, sources
in the Chief Electoral Officer`s office said.
"From March 1 till date, 7,206 non-bailable arrest
warrants have been executed but 69,153 are still pending," a
558 bombs, 425 kg gelatine, 424 rounds of cartridges
and 290 firearms were recovered and 7,048 people arrested on
bailable warrants since March 1.
Meanwhile, Chief Secretary Samar Ghosh said that 200
companies of CRPF were currently in the state and out of this,
100 companies would leave for Assam on March 22 for assembly
elections in that state.
The West Bengal government has sought 800 company of
the central forces for the assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17