Over 700 held for bursting prohibited sound crackers in Kolkata
Kolkata: Over 700 people were arrested from various parts of the city on Kali Puja night for bursting prohibited sound crackers and indulging in unruly behaviour.
771 people were arrested in night-long operations, which went on till this morning for bursting prohibited sound crackers like chocolate bombs and other fire crackers which exceed the decibel limit fixed by the authorities, Kolkata Police said.
"We have arrested 400 persons for bursting prohibited sound crackers. 331 others were arrested for unruly conduct in inebriated state," said an officer of the Kolkata Police.
The sound limit was fixed keeping in mind the problem noisy crackers posed for the old, ailing and the children.
Police have seized huge amount of fire crackers during drives in the past one week to contain use of prohibited sound crackers.
Besides opening special control rooms, both the state and city police also maintained a strict vigil to avert any untoward incident during the celebrations.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'
- Russia says bolstering forces to counter NATO