Panchayat leader shot dead in WB
Barasat (WB): A newly-elected leader of a panchayat samiti was allegedly shot dead late on Monday in North 24 Parganas district, police said.
The incident took place when the victim, a leader of the Hasnabad panchayat samiti, was killed by the miscreants near Tokipur Bazar area, leading to his death on the spot, they said.
Later, agitated locals and CPI(M) activists staged a road blockade in the area.
CPI(M) leader Goutam Deb said they would lead a procession tomorrow in Kolkata protesting against the attack.
He said they would march with the body of the deceased party leader to the state secretariat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands