Panchayat member shot dead by dacoits in Malda
Malda (WB): A gram panchayat member was shot dead while trying to resist a dacoit gang at his residence at Kachubari in Malda district last midnight as a mob later blocked the National Highway in protest against the incident.
Police said the 12-member armed gang raided the house of Khirod Chowdhury and took away all valuables at gun-point.
Before escaping they shot at Choudhury from point blank range as the local panchayat member, who also ran a business, tried to resist.
Local people today blocked the NH 34 in protest against the incident seriously affecting vehicular movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack