Panchayat polls in Bengal a farce and bluff: AH Khan Chowdhury
Malda: Senior Congress leader and Union minister of State for Health and Family Welfare A H Khan Chowdhury on Wednesday alleged that the panchayat polls in West Bengal are a "farce" and "bluff".
"The panchayat polls are a farce and bluff as the Trinamool Congress has unleashed a reign of terror and threatening people from other parties from contesting the rural polls," Khan Chowdhury, MP from Malda district said here.
"Due to the fear factor and threat we have not been able to put up candidates in many places especially in Kaliachak area of Malda district where the panchayat elections would be held in July 6," the senior Congress leader alleged.
Khan Chowdhury alleged that in this condition with the reign of terror unleashed by the Trinamool Congress, it would not be possible to conduct the panchayat polls in a free and fair manner.
The state administration is not taking any action or steps against the reign of terror unleashed by the Trinamool Congress in the run-up to the panchayat polls, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Photo alert! Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor spotted on the streets of London
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' shoot diaries: Check out Parineeti Chopra-Ayushmann Khurrana's joyride!
- Radhika Apte’s ‘Phobia’ will break stereotype of Indian horror films
- RoBoHon -World's first robot smartphone goes on sale in Japan (Watch video)!
- Shocking! Hollywood couple Johnny Depp, Amber Heard to end their marriage