Panchayat polls in Bengal a farce and bluff: AH Khan Chowdhury
Malda: Senior Congress leader and Union minister of State for Health and Family Welfare A H Khan Chowdhury on Wednesday alleged that the panchayat polls in West Bengal are a "farce" and "bluff".
"The panchayat polls are a farce and bluff as the Trinamool Congress has unleashed a reign of terror and threatening people from other parties from contesting the rural polls," Khan Chowdhury, MP from Malda district said here.
"Due to the fear factor and threat we have not been able to put up candidates in many places especially in Kaliachak area of Malda district where the panchayat elections would be held in July 6," the senior Congress leader alleged.
Khan Chowdhury alleged that in this condition with the reign of terror unleashed by the Trinamool Congress, it would not be possible to conduct the panchayat polls in a free and fair manner.
The state administration is not taking any action or steps against the reign of terror unleashed by the Trinamool Congress in the run-up to the panchayat polls, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra