Panchayat polls in Bengal a farce and bluff: AH Khan Chowdhury
Malda: Senior Congress leader and Union minister of State for Health and Family Welfare A H Khan Chowdhury on Wednesday alleged that the panchayat polls in West Bengal are a "farce" and "bluff".
"The panchayat polls are a farce and bluff as the Trinamool Congress has unleashed a reign of terror and threatening people from other parties from contesting the rural polls," Khan Chowdhury, MP from Malda district said here.
"Due to the fear factor and threat we have not been able to put up candidates in many places especially in Kaliachak area of Malda district where the panchayat elections would be held in July 6," the senior Congress leader alleged.
Khan Chowdhury alleged that in this condition with the reign of terror unleashed by the Trinamool Congress, it would not be possible to conduct the panchayat polls in a free and fair manner.
The state administration is not taking any action or steps against the reign of terror unleashed by the Trinamool Congress in the run-up to the panchayat polls, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad