Panchayat polls in Bengal a farce and bluff: AH Khan Chowdhury
Malda: Senior Congress leader and Union minister of State for Health and Family Welfare A H Khan Chowdhury on Wednesday alleged that the panchayat polls in West Bengal are a "farce" and "bluff".
"The panchayat polls are a farce and bluff as the Trinamool Congress has unleashed a reign of terror and threatening people from other parties from contesting the rural polls," Khan Chowdhury, MP from Malda district said here.
"Due to the fear factor and threat we have not been able to put up candidates in many places especially in Kaliachak area of Malda district where the panchayat elections would be held in July 6," the senior Congress leader alleged.
Khan Chowdhury alleged that in this condition with the reign of terror unleashed by the Trinamool Congress, it would not be possible to conduct the panchayat polls in a free and fair manner.
The state administration is not taking any action or steps against the reign of terror unleashed by the Trinamool Congress in the run-up to the panchayat polls, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users