Panchayat polls in Bengal on April 26, 30
Kolkata: The West Bengal government Friday announced that the panchayat (rural body) polls in the state will be held in two phases in April.
"The eighth panchayat polls will be held in two phases - April 26 and April 30," Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee told reporters here.
The districts which will go to polls on April 26 include Cooch Behar, Jalpaiguri, South Dinajpur, Nadia, North 24 Parganas, South 24 Parganas, Howrah, East Midnapore, West Midnapore, Bankura, Burdwan and Hooghly.
The elections in North Dinajpur, Malda and Murshidabad districts will be held on April 30.
Mukherjee said the state police have been entrusted with the task of providing security during the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Maharashtra govt to transfer 933 cr lottery revenue loss case to CBI
- Donald Trump accuses Hillary Clinton for email scandal of Democratic party
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli
- NIA files charge sheet against three men deported from UAE for ISIS links