Panchayat polls in Bengal on April 26, 30
Kolkata: The West Bengal government Friday announced that the panchayat (rural body) polls in the state will be held in two phases in April.
"The eighth panchayat polls will be held in two phases - April 26 and April 30," Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee told reporters here.
The districts which will go to polls on April 26 include Cooch Behar, Jalpaiguri, South Dinajpur, Nadia, North 24 Parganas, South 24 Parganas, Howrah, East Midnapore, West Midnapore, Bankura, Burdwan and Hooghly.
The elections in North Dinajpur, Malda and Murshidabad districts will be held on April 30.
Mukherjee said the state police have been entrusted with the task of providing security during the elections.
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- AgustaWestland probe will focus on names in Italy court judgement, says Manohar Parrikar
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain
- Chopper deal: I blacklisted AgustaWestland, not UPA, says Arun Jaitley