Panchayat polls in Bengal on April 26, 30
Kolkata: The West Bengal government Friday announced that the panchayat (rural body) polls in the state will be held in two phases in April.
"The eighth panchayat polls will be held in two phases - April 26 and April 30," Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee told reporters here.
The districts which will go to polls on April 26 include Cooch Behar, Jalpaiguri, South Dinajpur, Nadia, North 24 Parganas, South 24 Parganas, Howrah, East Midnapore, West Midnapore, Bankura, Burdwan and Hooghly.
The elections in North Dinajpur, Malda and Murshidabad districts will be held on April 30.
Mukherjee said the state police have been entrusted with the task of providing security during the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?