Park Street rape victim stands by Kamduni victim
Kolkata: The victim of the sensational Park Street rape case on Monday visited family members of the Kamduni rape victim and said that exemplary punishment should be given to the culprits.
"You people are not alone. All the women are with you," she told the family members adding that "capital punishment is not the answer. Strict punishment should be given to the criminals."
The victim, a 37-year-old single mother who was allegedly gang-raped inside a moving car during the intervening night between February 5 and February 6, 2012, had earlier taken part in a rally in Kolkata to protest against the rise of crime against women.
Meanwhile, the villagers of Kamduni today took out a protest-rally at the village against a showcause notice served to the headmaster of Kamudini primary school Pradip Mukherjee for taking part in a rally along with the school students in to protest against the rape and murder of a college girl few days back.
Although Mukherjee, who is the principal of the school the Kamduni rape-murder victim attended, remained undaunted over the show-cause that was served by the North 24-Parganas Primary Education Council for participating in a protest-rally at Kamduni on June 13.
"I stand by what I did. Even if they sack me I have no regrets. I thank the villagers who have stood by me and had taken out a protest rally in my support," Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka