Park Street rape victim stands by Kamduni victim
Kolkata: The victim of the sensational Park Street rape case on Monday visited family members of the Kamduni rape victim and said that exemplary punishment should be given to the culprits.
"You people are not alone. All the women are with you," she told the family members adding that "capital punishment is not the answer. Strict punishment should be given to the criminals."
The victim, a 37-year-old single mother who was allegedly gang-raped inside a moving car during the intervening night between February 5 and February 6, 2012, had earlier taken part in a rally in Kolkata to protest against the rise of crime against women.
Meanwhile, the villagers of Kamduni today took out a protest-rally at the village against a showcause notice served to the headmaster of Kamudini primary school Pradip Mukherjee for taking part in a rally along with the school students in to protest against the rape and murder of a college girl few days back.
Although Mukherjee, who is the principal of the school the Kamduni rape-murder victim attended, remained undaunted over the show-cause that was served by the North 24-Parganas Primary Education Council for participating in a protest-rally at Kamduni on June 13.
"I stand by what I did. Even if they sack me I have no regrets. I thank the villagers who have stood by me and had taken out a protest rally in my support," Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends