Park Street rape victim stands by Kamduni victim
Kolkata: The victim of the sensational Park Street rape case on Monday visited family members of the Kamduni rape victim and said that exemplary punishment should be given to the culprits.
"You people are not alone. All the women are with you," she told the family members adding that "capital punishment is not the answer. Strict punishment should be given to the criminals."
The victim, a 37-year-old single mother who was allegedly gang-raped inside a moving car during the intervening night between February 5 and February 6, 2012, had earlier taken part in a rally in Kolkata to protest against the rise of crime against women.
Meanwhile, the villagers of Kamduni today took out a protest-rally at the village against a showcause notice served to the headmaster of Kamudini primary school Pradip Mukherjee for taking part in a rally along with the school students in to protest against the rape and murder of a college girl few days back.
Although Mukherjee, who is the principal of the school the Kamduni rape-murder victim attended, remained undaunted over the show-cause that was served by the North 24-Parganas Primary Education Council for participating in a protest-rally at Kamduni on June 13.
"I stand by what I did. Even if they sack me I have no regrets. I thank the villagers who have stood by me and had taken out a protest rally in my support," Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie