Passengers on Duronto Express attacked, 4 held
Howrah (WB): Passengers travelling aboard
the New Delhi-Howrah Duronto Express were assaulted by a group
of men and four persons have been arrested in this connection,
railway officials said.
The incident occurred between Mughalsarai and Dhanbad
stations when five to six attackers, suspected to be pantry
car personnel, beat up several passengers of a coach and
injured four of them Tuesday night, Divisional Railway
Manager (DRM) Partha Mandal said today.
Four persons were arrested for the assault when the
prestigious train reached Howrah station this morning but
their identity was not disclosed by the authorities.
A woman passenger`s sari is understood to have been
found torn after the attack. It was not known why those
passengers were singled out by the attackers.
A complaint was lodged with him by the victims after
reaching Howrah station, Mandal said.
The superintendent of the non-stop train had been
suspended and a five-member team had been formed to
investigate the incident, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win