Passengers thrown out of running train
Jalpaiguri (WB): Two passengers were killed and seven others injured on Sunday after being thrown out of a Bangalore-Guwahati train, railway sources said.
One of the passengers, who is now admitted to the district hospital, said they were looted, beaten up and then thrown out of the train by unknown persons.
Police found two bodies near Belakoba railway station, few km away from New Jalpaiguri, this morning while seven other persons were found lying injured near the tracks.
"The two had died on the spot. We do not know the reason behind the incident. We are investigating the matter," said New Jalpaiguri area manager (rail) Partho Sarthi Seal.
The injured have been admitted to the district hospital and the North Bengal Medical College Hospital.
Protesting against the incident, locals staged a rail blockade delaying many local trains and all Assam-bound express trains.
Later in the day, the blockade was lifted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok