Passengers thrown out of running train
Jalpaiguri (WB): Two passengers were killed and seven others injured on Sunday after being thrown out of a Bangalore-Guwahati train, railway sources said.
One of the passengers, who is now admitted to the district hospital, said they were looted, beaten up and then thrown out of the train by unknown persons.
Police found two bodies near Belakoba railway station, few km away from New Jalpaiguri, this morning while seven other persons were found lying injured near the tracks.
"The two had died on the spot. We do not know the reason behind the incident. We are investigating the matter," said New Jalpaiguri area manager (rail) Partho Sarthi Seal.
The injured have been admitted to the district hospital and the North Bengal Medical College Hospital.
Protesting against the incident, locals staged a rail blockade delaying many local trains and all Assam-bound express trains.
Later in the day, the blockade was lifted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail