Pay honorarium to priests: VHP to Mamata
Kolkata: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad(VHP) Friday said it would launch a campaign in West Bengal demanding monthly honorariums to Hindu priests and unemployed youth to protest against the Mamata Banerjee-led government`s decision to pay honorariums of Rs 2,500 to imams.
As part of the campaign named `Amakeo Rs.2500 Dao` (`Give Me Rs.2,500 Too`), signatures of unemployed youth and priests would be taken, said VHP international general secretary Pravin Togadia.
"It is time Mamata Banerjee stopped playing the politics of community appeasement. If the imams can get money, what wrong have the priests done? They should also be paid," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened