Pay honorarium to priests: VHP to Mamata
Kolkata: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad(VHP) Friday said it would launch a campaign in West Bengal demanding monthly honorariums to Hindu priests and unemployed youth to protest against the Mamata Banerjee-led government`s decision to pay honorariums of Rs 2,500 to imams.
As part of the campaign named `Amakeo Rs.2500 Dao` (`Give Me Rs.2,500 Too`), signatures of unemployed youth and priests would be taken, said VHP international general secretary Pravin Togadia.
"It is time Mamata Banerjee stopped playing the politics of community appeasement. If the imams can get money, what wrong have the priests done? They should also be paid," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing