PCAPA members ransack houses in Jhargram
Kolkata: Suspected members of a pro-Maoist tribal organisation early Sunday ransacked a few houses near Jhargram town in West Midnapore district of West Bengal and fired shots in the air, police said.
Superintendent of Police Praveen Tripathi said that members of the People`s Committee Against Police Atrocities (PCAPA) were behind the incident that occurred 3 kilometres from Jhargram.
"PCAPA members ransacked some houses. We have unconfirmed reports that a few shots have been fired as we have recovered used cartridges from the spot," Tripathi said.
The PCAPA is considered a frontal organisation of the Maoists. Their posters were also recovered from the site of the accident of the Howrah-Kurla Gyaneshwari Express in which at least 150 people were killed and over 200 injured.
Jhargram is 155 km from Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price