PCPA announces withdrawal of month-long blockade
Jhargram (WB): The Maoist-backed People`s
Committee Against Police Atrocities (PCPA), which has been
denying its involvement in the May 28 Jnaneswari Express
disaster, today announced withdrawal from tomorrow of its
month-long blockade in the Junglemahal.
The tribal body was withdrawing its blockade as it was
causing problem for the common people, PCPA Spokesman Asit
Mahato told agency over phone.
Buses, trucks and trekkers had stopped plying in the PCPA
strongholds of West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia districts
collectively know as Junglemahal after the blockade was
enforced to demand the production in court of arrested PCPA
supporters and withdrawal of the anti-Maoist operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'