PCPA calls bandh against Chidamabaram`s visit to Lalgarh
Jhargram: A 24-hour bandh has been called on Sunday in West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia districts of West Bengal by Maoist-backed People`s Committee against Police Atrocities (PCPA) to protest the visit of Union Home minister P Chidamabaram to Lalgarh.
Announcing the bandh, PCPA leader Asit Mahato told
newsmen here today that an indefinite blockade has been called
in the three districts, known as `Jungle Mahal`, from Monday.
"The blockade has been called against the torture of
innocent villagers being perpetrated by joint security forces
in the name of anti-Maoist combing operations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video