PCPA will protest against Mamata`s rally at Jhargram
Kolkata: Maoist-backed PCPA will protest
against Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee`s proposed
rally at Lalgarh next month to express sympathy for harassed
The organisation would mobilise people to protest against
the proposed August nine rally and Mamata Banerjee`s "double
standard", People`s Committee against Police Atrocities (PCPA)
spokesman Monoj Mahato told PTI from an undisclosed location.
"We vehemently protest against the proposed rally. She is
trying to fish in troubled waters. We will never allow that
to happen," Mahato said.
Lalgarh is a Naxalite hotbed.
"On one hand, she is supporting the UPA government which
is conducting the joint operation responsible for so many
deaths in the Jangalmahal and on the other, she is coming to
Lalgrah to show sympathy for innocent villagers. She is
playing double standard," he said.
He said 71 PCPA members had been killed and 200 more
injured and neither the government nor the Trinamool Congress
had done anything.
He accused the CPI-M and the Joint forces of torturing
villagers in Jangalmahal and putting the blame on the PCPA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter