PCPA will protest against Mamata`s rally at Jhargram
Kolkata: Maoist-backed PCPA will protest
against Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee`s proposed
rally at Lalgarh next month to express sympathy for harassed
The organisation would mobilise people to protest against
the proposed August nine rally and Mamata Banerjee`s "double
standard", People`s Committee against Police Atrocities (PCPA)
spokesman Monoj Mahato told PTI from an undisclosed location.
"We vehemently protest against the proposed rally. She is
trying to fish in troubled waters. We will never allow that
to happen," Mahato said.
Lalgarh is a Naxalite hotbed.
"On one hand, she is supporting the UPA government which
is conducting the joint operation responsible for so many
deaths in the Jangalmahal and on the other, she is coming to
Lalgrah to show sympathy for innocent villagers. She is
playing double standard," he said.
He said 71 PCPA members had been killed and 200 more
injured and neither the government nor the Trinamool Congress
had done anything.
He accused the CPI-M and the Joint forces of torturing
villagers in Jangalmahal and putting the blame on the PCPA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list