‘Peace of a crematorium’ prevails in Janglemahal: Deepa Dashmunshi
Krishnagar (WB): Union Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dashmunsi on Sunday said unrest was still prevailing in Janglemahal in West Bengal contrary to the claim of peace made by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"The fact is that unrest is still prevailing there. When I went to Lalgarh in Janglemahal yesterday with Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh, I found that the doors and windows of the residents were closed as they have been living in fear," Dashmunsi told a gathering of people at Tehatta in Nadia district.
The peace of a crematorium has been existing in Janglemahal, she said.
Dashmunsi said that they would go to state secretariat of Writer`s Buildings on 10 January to demand for AIIMS in Raiganj.
"We want to establish AIIMS in Raiganj but chief minister stopped it in a politically motivated decision," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him