‘Peace of a crematorium’ prevails in Janglemahal: Deepa Dashmunshi
Krishnagar (WB): Union Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dashmunsi on Sunday said unrest was still prevailing in Janglemahal in West Bengal contrary to the claim of peace made by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"The fact is that unrest is still prevailing there. When I went to Lalgarh in Janglemahal yesterday with Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh, I found that the doors and windows of the residents were closed as they have been living in fear," Dashmunsi told a gathering of people at Tehatta in Nadia district.
The peace of a crematorium has been existing in Janglemahal, she said.
Dashmunsi said that they would go to state secretariat of Writer`s Buildings on 10 January to demand for AIIMS in Raiganj.
"We want to establish AIIMS in Raiganj but chief minister stopped it in a politically motivated decision," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest