People advised against travelling on NH 31-A at night
Darjeeling (WB): The Sikkim police has advised people to avoid travelling on the National Highway-31A at night in view of rise in the water
level of the Teesta between Rangpo and Melli.
The river had touched the danger mark between Rangpo and Melli because of incessant rains over the past few days and landslides too had been reported from many locations, deputy-inspector general of police Mandeep Singh Tuli said.
An official from the state meteorological department said Sikkim has been receiving rainfalls between 3 to 4 cm for the past few days and heavy to very heavy rainfall in the sub-Himalayan regions of West Bengal and Sikkim is likely to occur in the next 48 hours.
According to police sources at Rangpo, the people of the riverside town have been alerted about the rise in the water-level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation