People advised against travelling on NH 31-A at night
Darjeeling (WB): The Sikkim police has advised people to avoid travelling on the National Highway-31A at night in view of rise in the water
level of the Teesta between Rangpo and Melli.
The river had touched the danger mark between Rangpo and Melli because of incessant rains over the past few days and landslides too had been reported from many locations, deputy-inspector general of police Mandeep Singh Tuli said.
An official from the state meteorological department said Sikkim has been receiving rainfalls between 3 to 4 cm for the past few days and heavy to very heavy rainfall in the sub-Himalayan regions of West Bengal and Sikkim is likely to occur in the next 48 hours.
According to police sources at Rangpo, the people of the riverside town have been alerted about the rise in the water-level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden