People advised against travelling on NH 31-A at night
Darjeeling (WB): The Sikkim police has advised people to avoid travelling on the National Highway-31A at night in view of rise in the water
level of the Teesta between Rangpo and Melli.
The river had touched the danger mark between Rangpo and Melli because of incessant rains over the past few days and landslides too had been reported from many locations, deputy-inspector general of police Mandeep Singh Tuli said.
An official from the state meteorological department said Sikkim has been receiving rainfalls between 3 to 4 cm for the past few days and heavy to very heavy rainfall in the sub-Himalayan regions of West Bengal and Sikkim is likely to occur in the next 48 hours.
According to police sources at Rangpo, the people of the riverside town have been alerted about the rise in the water-level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur