People of Bengal will settle scores with UPA: Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Attacking the Congress-led UPA government, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday said people would settle scores with the central coalition for depriving the state financially.
Banerjee said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had promised before the 2011 assembly polls that the centre would help the state if the Congress-Trinamool Congress government came to power.
"He had said that loans will be restructured. (About) three years have passed. Nothing has happened," she told media persons after presiding over the first meeting of the state cabinet at "Uttarkanya", the newly-constructed mini secretariat in northern part of the state.
Pointing at a collusion between the Congress-led central government and the erstwhile Left Front government in the state, Banerjee said while the latter went on a loan spree to ruin the state financially, the central government turned a blind eye.
"However, this (central) government term is only for another 15 days. The earlier they depart, the more will be the benefits for the people. The people of Bengal will settle scores with the centre for depriving the state," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?