People should have right to recall legislators: Prabhat Jha
Bhopal: Corruption can be wiped out from the
country only if the polls are funded by the state and people
have the right to recall an elected representative, Madhya
Pradesh BJP president, Prabhat Jha has said.
"Corruption can be wiped out effectively from the
country only if the elections are funded by the government
and people are empowered with the option of recalling an
elected representative," Jha said last night at a function
The function had been organised by Chief Minister Shivraj
Singh Chouhan, to felicitate Jha on the completion of one year
as state BJP chief.
Both Jha and Chouhan stated that there was no rift
between them, contrary to the speculation.
Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha and senior BJP
leader Sushma Swaraj said that Jha had proved himself with his
working style, despite doubts expressed by some initially.
BJP will form the government for the third time in a row
under the leadership of Chouhan and Jha in the state in the
next elections, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof