People should not be killed: Bengal Governor
Kolkata: Expressing shock over the killing of three persons in West Midnapore, West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan on Sunday said people should not be killed in such a manner.
"People should not be killed....(it is) most unfortunate," Naryanan commented when asked about report of three CPI(M) supporters killed at Saboni in West Midnapore allegedly by the Maoists this morning.
Naryanan had earlier deplored the death of nine persons in Netai in a firing from an armed camp on January seven asserting "it (the killing of villagers at Netai) should not have happened and it should not happen again."
The Governor, who was speaking to the reporters at the sidelines of the birth anniversary programme at Netaji Research Bureau, said, "We do not want intellectuals to support Maoist ideology and Maoist action."
Three CPI(M) members, including a local-level leader Karamchand Mahato, were killed and one was injured by Maoists in Salboni area today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM
- Hallmark, ISI Mark, BEE Label –Know which certification marks are important for products you buy
- Sonam Kapoor in awe of Anamika Khanna, stuns in beige drape- Pic you cannot miss!
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! When The Great Khali crushed two opponents in under a minute!
- Microsoft improves OneDrive photos, adds 'Pokemon Go' detector