People should not be killed: Bengal Governor
Kolkata: Expressing shock over the killing of three persons in West Midnapore, West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan on Sunday said people should not be killed in such a manner.
"People should not be killed....(it is) most unfortunate," Naryanan commented when asked about report of three CPI(M) supporters killed at Saboni in West Midnapore allegedly by the Maoists this morning.
Naryanan had earlier deplored the death of nine persons in Netai in a firing from an armed camp on January seven asserting "it (the killing of villagers at Netai) should not have happened and it should not happen again."
The Governor, who was speaking to the reporters at the sidelines of the birth anniversary programme at Netaji Research Bureau, said, "We do not want intellectuals to support Maoist ideology and Maoist action."
Three CPI(M) members, including a local-level leader Karamchand Mahato, were killed and one was injured by Maoists in Salboni area today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand