Pilots express solidarity with movement for Lokpal Bill
Kolkata: Encouraged with the movement of
social activist Anna Hazare, members of the Indian Commercial
Pilots Association (ICPA) on Wednesday observed a `Sankalp Diwas` and
held a candle march to Gandhi`s statue with members of NGOs.
ICPA Regional Secretary Rajesh Keuskar said that
they supported the movement by a number of NGOs demanding a
Lokpal Bill for a corruption free India.
The participants highlighted the 2G spectrum,
Commonwealth Games the second army scam and raised slogans
against crime, corruption and reservation.
Nearly 50 striking pilots, all members of the ICPA,
walked with candles and placards from the Esplanade to the
Gandhi statue at the Maidan nearby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you