Pilots express solidarity with movement for Lokpal Bill
Kolkata: Encouraged with the movement of
social activist Anna Hazare, members of the Indian Commercial
Pilots Association (ICPA) on Wednesday observed a `Sankalp Diwas` and
held a candle march to Gandhi`s statue with members of NGOs.
ICPA Regional Secretary Rajesh Keuskar said that
they supported the movement by a number of NGOs demanding a
Lokpal Bill for a corruption free India.
The participants highlighted the 2G spectrum,
Commonwealth Games the second army scam and raised slogans
against crime, corruption and reservation.
Nearly 50 striking pilots, all members of the ICPA,
walked with candles and placards from the Esplanade to the
Gandhi statue at the Maidan nearby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Never do films keeping in mind box office numbers: Aishwarya
- FDI up 16.5% to $2.46 billion in March
- Gold price cracks below Rs 29,000-mark, hits over 3-month low
- Farooq Abdullah caught talking on phone during National Anthem rendition, triggers row
- Waiting movie review: Naseer, Kalki add heft to this homage to humanism