Pilots express solidarity with movement for Lokpal Bill
Kolkata: Encouraged with the movement of
social activist Anna Hazare, members of the Indian Commercial
Pilots Association (ICPA) on Wednesday observed a `Sankalp Diwas` and
held a candle march to Gandhi`s statue with members of NGOs.
ICPA Regional Secretary Rajesh Keuskar said that
they supported the movement by a number of NGOs demanding a
Lokpal Bill for a corruption free India.
The participants highlighted the 2G spectrum,
Commonwealth Games the second army scam and raised slogans
against crime, corruption and reservation.
Nearly 50 striking pilots, all members of the ICPA,
walked with candles and placards from the Esplanade to the
Gandhi statue at the Maidan nearby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read