Pilots express solidarity with movement for Lokpal Bill
Kolkata: Encouraged with the movement of
social activist Anna Hazare, members of the Indian Commercial
Pilots Association (ICPA) on Wednesday observed a `Sankalp Diwas` and
held a candle march to Gandhi`s statue with members of NGOs.
ICPA Regional Secretary Rajesh Keuskar said that
they supported the movement by a number of NGOs demanding a
Lokpal Bill for a corruption free India.
The participants highlighted the 2G spectrum,
Commonwealth Games the second army scam and raised slogans
against crime, corruption and reservation.
Nearly 50 striking pilots, all members of the ICPA,
walked with candles and placards from the Esplanade to the
Gandhi statue at the Maidan nearby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states