PM asks Dasmunsi to end fast for AIIMS-like facility
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday requested Union Minister Deepa Dasmunsi to end her fast to press for setting up an AIIMS-like institute in her constituency Raiganj.
The Prime Minister spoke to the Congress MP and asked her to end her hunger-strike, which she began in Kolkata on Friday, assuring support for her demand, PMO sources said.
Dasmunsi had claimed on Friday that the Left and the Mamata Banerjee government had stalled the implementation of the proposal for setting up the medical facility in Raiganj.
She said the institute had got an approval from the Centre and farmers at the proposed site for the institute were ready to give up their land, but the West Bengal government was not setting up the facility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Quake brings down buildings in central Italy, at least six believed killed
- Work on 'Padmavati' sets in full swing, shoot begins in September
- Japan, China, South Korea agree to urge North Korea to stop provocation
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction on August 27: Viewing tips! (Watch)
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper