PM asks Dasmunsi to end fast for AIIMS-like facility
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday requested Union Minister Deepa Dasmunsi to end her fast to press for setting up an AIIMS-like institute in her constituency Raiganj.
The Prime Minister spoke to the Congress MP and asked her to end her hunger-strike, which she began in Kolkata on Friday, assuring support for her demand, PMO sources said.
Dasmunsi had claimed on Friday that the Left and the Mamata Banerjee government had stalled the implementation of the proposal for setting up the medical facility in Raiganj.
She said the institute had got an approval from the Centre and farmers at the proposed site for the institute were ready to give up their land, but the West Bengal government was not setting up the facility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to launch BJP govt's two-year anniversary celebrations, releases 'Transforming India' anthem's video
- 7th Pay Commission: Doctors in govt hospitals in Delhi go on strike
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Africa Day event to be held today after India allays 'Afrophobia' fears: Report
- Sex workers suffer ''horrific'' rape, beatings and discrimination: Report