PM asks Dasmunsi to end fast for AIIMS-like facility
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday requested Union Minister Deepa Dasmunsi to end her fast to press for setting up an AIIMS-like institute in her constituency Raiganj.
The Prime Minister spoke to the Congress MP and asked her to end her hunger-strike, which she began in Kolkata on Friday, assuring support for her demand, PMO sources said.
Dasmunsi had claimed on Friday that the Left and the Mamata Banerjee government had stalled the implementation of the proposal for setting up the medical facility in Raiganj.
She said the institute had got an approval from the Centre and farmers at the proposed site for the institute were ready to give up their land, but the West Bengal government was not setting up the facility.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living