PM asks Dasmunsi to end fast for AIIMS-like facility
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday requested Union Minister Deepa Dasmunsi to end her fast to press for setting up an AIIMS-like institute in her constituency Raiganj.
The Prime Minister spoke to the Congress MP and asked her to end her hunger-strike, which she began in Kolkata on Friday, assuring support for her demand, PMO sources said.
Dasmunsi had claimed on Friday that the Left and the Mamata Banerjee government had stalled the implementation of the proposal for setting up the medical facility in Raiganj.
She said the institute had got an approval from the Centre and farmers at the proposed site for the institute were ready to give up their land, but the West Bengal government was not setting up the facility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh