PM did not call me during my agitation: Mamata
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata
Banerjee on Friday alleged that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh did
not call her during her anti-land acquisition agitation at
Singur because he did not want to annoy the CPI(M).
``During my fast on the Singur land issue, the Prime
Minister did not call me. Perhaps he did not want to annoy the
CPI(M),`` Banerjee remarked during an interview aired on three
Bengali news channels.
Saying that her party was a `responsible` constituent
of the UPA coalition, she noted, ``We have a responsibility to
maintain the alliance. But we also have a responsibility to
the people who have elected us. We have told this to the Prime
The Trinamool Congress carried out its activities
based on policies, she said adding, ``That is why we have
protested against issues like entry of FDI in retail and hike
in petrol prices which directly affected the people. But some
Congress leaders of the state were working like the CPI(M).``
She also wondered, where the government would get money
to implement the Food Security Act, if it comes into force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read