PM`s honest image of no use: Yechury
Kolkata: Urging people to support parties with alternative policies, CPI(M) Politburo member Sitaram Yechury today said the "honest and intelligent" image of Manmohan Singh is of no use as the UPA regime is the "most corrupt" since Independence.
"What is the use of the honest and intelligent image (of the PM) when this regime is the most corrupt since Independence? For our prime minister, the US is God and he is only interested in blindly following its policies. These neo-liberal policies are leading to creation of two Indias -- one a poor India and another a rich India," he told a rally.
Yechury said if the government had been able to control the 2G and coal scams there would have been no dearth of money for providing food grains at a subsidised rate.
"But when we raise the issue of corruption then they (Congress) say that the prime minister is a honest person. We never question his personal integrity but what is the question of such honesty when resources of our country are being looted," he said.
Alleging that policies pursued by UPA are only helping the rich and the privileged, he said, "Look for parties with alternative policies. Because both BJP and Congress pursue same kind of economic policies."
It is only parties with alternative policies that can make the difference, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India