Police arrest two Maoists ahead of Mamata`s visit
Purulia (WB): A day ahead of West Bengal
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s scheduled visit to Purulia
district, police on Thursday arrested two Maoists from Ghatgora area
here, officials said.
The two Maoists - Anil and Bhim - were arrested near
Ayodha Hills in Purulia district following a tip-off, SP S K
"Both the arrested Maoists belong to the Ayodha Hill
squad of the CPI(Maoist)," he said.
The chief minister, during her visit, will hold a meeting
with top district administration and police officers here
tomorrow and will review development programmes and security
situation in the district.
Banerjee is also expected to address a public meeting at
Balrampur, where Trinamool Congress worker Jeetu Singh Sardar
was killed by Maoists on November 4.
After the killing of 52-year-old Sardar, Banerjee had
announced that she would visit the area within a week and
address a public meeting at the place where he was murdered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists