Police clueless about kidnapped intelligence officer, friend
Kolkata: An Intelligence officer and his
schoolteacher friend, allegedly kidnapped by Maoists from
Ayodhya area of Purulia district on October 22, are yet to
return home and their families said they have lost faith in
The families of Intelligence officer Partha Biswas and
his friend Soumyajit Basu were today told by DGP Naparajit
Mukherjee that police had failed to trace them.
"The DGP today admitted failure to rescue them saying
he did not have any clue on their whereabouts. We have lost
all faith on the administration," Biswas` wife Barnali told
reporters at the secretariat after meeting Mukherjee.
"Then on what basis were we assured by the
administration for the last 80 days? Even Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee declined to meet us on the plea of
preoccupation. Its our urgency not of the CM," Basu`s wife
Maoists have denied their involvement in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!