Police investigating death of woman in WB
Hooghly: The police were Wednesday investigating the death of a woman inmate of a private home for orphans and the mentally ill at Khajurdaho in Hooghly district.
Police sources said that the authorties of the home, Rehabilitation Centre for Mentally Ill persons (Women), claimed that the woman was killed when a ceiling fan fell on her head on July one.
After obtaining the death certificate the authorities buried the body as per the custom of the private home run by a person named by Uday Chand Kumar, the sources said.
Villagers, however, alleged that there was foul play behind the death of the woman and informed the police, the sources said.
The Circle Inspector Subir Roy and Officer-in-Charge of Gurap police station, in the jurisdiction of which the home falls, was investigating the death, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves