Police investigating death of woman in WB
Hooghly: The police were Wednesday investigating the death of a woman inmate of a private home for orphans and the mentally ill at Khajurdaho in Hooghly district.
Police sources said that the authorties of the home, Rehabilitation Centre for Mentally Ill persons (Women), claimed that the woman was killed when a ceiling fan fell on her head on July one.
After obtaining the death certificate the authorities buried the body as per the custom of the private home run by a person named by Uday Chand Kumar, the sources said.
Villagers, however, alleged that there was foul play behind the death of the woman and informed the police, the sources said.
The Circle Inspector Subir Roy and Officer-in-Charge of Gurap police station, in the jurisdiction of which the home falls, was investigating the death, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery