Police investigating death of woman in WB
Hooghly: The police were Wednesday investigating the death of a woman inmate of a private home for orphans and the mentally ill at Khajurdaho in Hooghly district.
Police sources said that the authorties of the home, Rehabilitation Centre for Mentally Ill persons (Women), claimed that the woman was killed when a ceiling fan fell on her head on July one.
After obtaining the death certificate the authorities buried the body as per the custom of the private home run by a person named by Uday Chand Kumar, the sources said.
Villagers, however, alleged that there was foul play behind the death of the woman and informed the police, the sources said.
The Circle Inspector Subir Roy and Officer-in-Charge of Gurap police station, in the jurisdiction of which the home falls, was investigating the death, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US confirms journalist jailed by China is American citizen
- Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan reunite for her directorial debut
- Home flight simulator in MH370 captain's home plotted Indian Ocean course: JACC
- This video will send shivers down your spine! Watch how people cross a raging river in Uttarakhand
- Pope gets mystical with Poland`s Black Madonna