Police investigating death of woman in WB
Hooghly: The police were Wednesday investigating the death of a woman inmate of a private home for orphans and the mentally ill at Khajurdaho in Hooghly district.
Police sources said that the authorties of the home, Rehabilitation Centre for Mentally Ill persons (Women), claimed that the woman was killed when a ceiling fan fell on her head on July one.
After obtaining the death certificate the authorities buried the body as per the custom of the private home run by a person named by Uday Chand Kumar, the sources said.
Villagers, however, alleged that there was foul play behind the death of the woman and informed the police, the sources said.
The Circle Inspector Subir Roy and Officer-in-Charge of Gurap police station, in the jurisdiction of which the home falls, was investigating the death, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened