Police lathicharge to remove road blockade
Kolkata: The police made a lathicharge to
disperse a stone-throwing mob which blocked the toll plaza on
the Vidyasagar Setu across the Hooghly river throwing traffic
The agitators demanded uninterrupted water supply in
the areas including adjacent Shibpur.
The police claimed it was subjected to indiscriminate
brick batting during efforts to remove the blockade.
After two policemen received brickbat injuries, RAF
and combat forces moved in and dispersed the mob after using
It was not known how many protestors were injured in
the police action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued