Police lathicharge to remove road blockade
Kolkata: The police made a lathicharge to
disperse a stone-throwing mob which blocked the toll plaza on
the Vidyasagar Setu across the Hooghly river throwing traffic
The agitators demanded uninterrupted water supply in
the areas including adjacent Shibpur.
The police claimed it was subjected to indiscriminate
brick batting during efforts to remove the blockade.
After two policemen received brickbat injuries, RAF
and combat forces moved in and dispersed the mob after using
It was not known how many protestors were injured in
the police action.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living