Police lathicharge to remove road blockade
Kolkata: The police made a lathicharge to
disperse a stone-throwing mob which blocked the toll plaza on
the Vidyasagar Setu across the Hooghly river throwing traffic
The agitators demanded uninterrupted water supply in
the areas including adjacent Shibpur.
The police claimed it was subjected to indiscriminate
brick batting during efforts to remove the blockade.
After two policemen received brickbat injuries, RAF
and combat forces moved in and dispersed the mob after using
It was not known how many protestors were injured in
the police action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi