Police lathicharge to remove road blockade
Kolkata: The police made a lathicharge to
disperse a stone-throwing mob which blocked the toll plaza on
the Vidyasagar Setu across the Hooghly river throwing traffic
The agitators demanded uninterrupted water supply in
the areas including adjacent Shibpur.
The police claimed it was subjected to indiscriminate
brick batting during efforts to remove the blockade.
After two policemen received brickbat injuries, RAF
and combat forces moved in and dispersed the mob after using
It was not known how many protestors were injured in
the police action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach