Police officer assaulted, 2 arrested in Kolkata
Kolkata: Two persons were arrested on Monday for allegedly assaulting a duty police officer when he tried to stop them from fighting, police said.
When sub-inspector Subhojit Ghosh went to Ezra Street to stop fighting between two brothers Avishek Singh and Amritesh Singh, they assaulted the cop and broke one of his tooth.
Ghosh later had to undergo treatment at a hospital following which he was released. The incident happened yesterday evening.
One was arrested yesterday and another person was arrested today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly