Police officer injured in CPM-Trinamool clash dies
Suri (Birbhum): An Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) of police, who suffered splinter injury during a clash between workers of Trinamool Congress and CPI-M, died in a private hospital Monday.
"Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police Amit Chakarborty (32) died of his injuries at a private hospital in Durgapur this morning. He suffered from serious splinter injuries on June 3 when crude bombs were hurled at him during the clash at Dubrajpur," Superintendent of Police of Birbhum district, Alok Rajoria, told PTI.
Chakraborty, a resident of Bandel in Hoogly district, was posted at Dubrajpur police station and rushed to the spot with policemen after hearing about the clash between TMC and CPI-M workers, he said.
He was caught in the clash and was injured in the abdomen when a bomb was hurled at him, Rajoria said.
The clash was a sequel to a dispute over the availability of jobs under MGNREGA at Gopalpur village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre