Police officer injured in CPM-Trinamool clash dies
Suri (Birbhum): An Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) of police, who suffered splinter injury during a clash between workers of Trinamool Congress and CPI-M, died in a private hospital Monday.
"Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police Amit Chakarborty (32) died of his injuries at a private hospital in Durgapur this morning. He suffered from serious splinter injuries on June 3 when crude bombs were hurled at him during the clash at Dubrajpur," Superintendent of Police of Birbhum district, Alok Rajoria, told PTI.
Chakraborty, a resident of Bandel in Hoogly district, was posted at Dubrajpur police station and rushed to the spot with policemen after hearing about the clash between TMC and CPI-M workers, he said.
He was caught in the clash and was injured in the abdomen when a bomb was hurled at him, Rajoria said.
The clash was a sequel to a dispute over the availability of jobs under MGNREGA at Gopalpur village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town