Police officer injured in CPM-Trinamool clash dies
Suri (Birbhum): An Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) of police, who suffered splinter injury during a clash between workers of Trinamool Congress and CPI-M, died in a private hospital Monday.
"Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police Amit Chakarborty (32) died of his injuries at a private hospital in Durgapur this morning. He suffered from serious splinter injuries on June 3 when crude bombs were hurled at him during the clash at Dubrajpur," Superintendent of Police of Birbhum district, Alok Rajoria, told PTI.
Chakraborty, a resident of Bandel in Hoogly district, was posted at Dubrajpur police station and rushed to the spot with policemen after hearing about the clash between TMC and CPI-M workers, he said.
He was caught in the clash and was injured in the abdomen when a bomb was hurled at him, Rajoria said.
The clash was a sequel to a dispute over the availability of jobs under MGNREGA at Gopalpur village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- WATCH: Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif, ex-president Pervez Musharraf flirted with this girl?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video
- US-backed forces give IS '48 hours' to leave Syria's Manbij
- RBI to cut rates by 0.25% on Aug 9 if rains damp pulse price