Police officer injured in CPM-Trinamool clash dies
Suri (Birbhum): An Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) of police, who suffered splinter injury during a clash between workers of Trinamool Congress and CPI-M, died in a private hospital Monday.
"Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police Amit Chakarborty (32) died of his injuries at a private hospital in Durgapur this morning. He suffered from serious splinter injuries on June 3 when crude bombs were hurled at him during the clash at Dubrajpur," Superintendent of Police of Birbhum district, Alok Rajoria, told PTI.
Chakraborty, a resident of Bandel in Hoogly district, was posted at Dubrajpur police station and rushed to the spot with policemen after hearing about the clash between TMC and CPI-M workers, he said.
He was caught in the clash and was injured in the abdomen when a bomb was hurled at him, Rajoria said.
The clash was a sequel to a dispute over the availability of jobs under MGNREGA at Gopalpur village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh