Police officer injured in CPM-Trinamool clash dies
Suri (Birbhum): An Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) of police, who suffered splinter injury during a clash between workers of Trinamool Congress and CPI-M, died in a private hospital Monday.
"Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police Amit Chakarborty (32) died of his injuries at a private hospital in Durgapur this morning. He suffered from serious splinter injuries on June 3 when crude bombs were hurled at him during the clash at Dubrajpur," Superintendent of Police of Birbhum district, Alok Rajoria, told PTI.
Chakraborty, a resident of Bandel in Hoogly district, was posted at Dubrajpur police station and rushed to the spot with policemen after hearing about the clash between TMC and CPI-M workers, he said.
He was caught in the clash and was injured in the abdomen when a bomb was hurled at him, Rajoria said.
The clash was a sequel to a dispute over the availability of jobs under MGNREGA at Gopalpur village.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video