Police probe into mysterious death of TMC activist
Kolkata: The police have started a probe into the mysterious death of a 32-year-old Trinamool Congress activist who was found hanging in her rented apartment at Rajarhat on the outskirts of the city on Tuesday night.
Piyali Mukherjee, who had studied law in her home town Burdwan where she was a leader of the Trinamool Congress Chhatra Parishad, was staying alone in the flat, having shifted to the city over a year ago, the police said.
Piyali, who was allegedly close to a state minister, was practising at a city court for the past three/four months while her husband and six-year-old daughter were staying in Burdwan, the sources said.
The police found a suicide note at her room from which it appeared that she had been suffering from depression.
"We are investigating the case. We are waiting for the postmortem report. But from the prima face evidence it seems it is a suicide. But we are investigating all angles," Rajeev Kumar, police commissioner, Bidhan Nagar commissionerate, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack