Police raid doctor`s residence for treating Maoists
Burdwan: Police raided the residence of a doctor in Asansol`s Bajghoria area, for allegedly treating Maoists.
A police team raided the residence of Samir Biswas at Bajghoria last night. As Biswas was not in the residence, two caretakers of the house - Susanta Das and Rajesh Marandi, were detained, Superintendent of Police R Rajsekharan said today.
The SP said Biswas used to treat Maoists and the two caretakers knew about this, so they have been detained.
During the raid in Biswas`s residence police found a large number of Maoists posters and leaflets.
The police today detained the brother and nephew of Biswas from Mahisilo colony of Asansol, the SP added.
Meanwhile, the local people put up a road blockade at Bajghoria area to protest the police detaining the caretakers and brother and nephew of Biswas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred