Police raid doctor`s residence for treating Maoists
Burdwan: Police raided the residence of a doctor in Asansol`s Bajghoria area, for allegedly treating Maoists.
A police team raided the residence of Samir Biswas at Bajghoria last night. As Biswas was not in the residence, two caretakers of the house - Susanta Das and Rajesh Marandi, were detained, Superintendent of Police R Rajsekharan said today.
The SP said Biswas used to treat Maoists and the two caretakers knew about this, so they have been detained.
During the raid in Biswas`s residence police found a large number of Maoists posters and leaflets.
The police today detained the brother and nephew of Biswas from Mahisilo colony of Asansol, the SP added.
Meanwhile, the local people put up a road blockade at Bajghoria area to protest the police detaining the caretakers and brother and nephew of Biswas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days