Police raid doctor`s residence for treating Maoists
Burdwan: Police raided the residence of a doctor in Asansol`s Bajghoria area, for allegedly treating Maoists.
A police team raided the residence of Samir Biswas at Bajghoria last night. As Biswas was not in the residence, two caretakers of the house - Susanta Das and Rajesh Marandi, were detained, Superintendent of Police R Rajsekharan said today.
The SP said Biswas used to treat Maoists and the two caretakers knew about this, so they have been detained.
During the raid in Biswas`s residence police found a large number of Maoists posters and leaflets.
The police today detained the brother and nephew of Biswas from Mahisilo colony of Asansol, the SP added.
Meanwhile, the local people put up a road blockade at Bajghoria area to protest the police detaining the caretakers and brother and nephew of Biswas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!