Police raid doctor`s residence for treating Maoists
Burdwan: Police raided the residence of a doctor in Asansol`s Bajghoria area, for allegedly treating Maoists.
A police team raided the residence of Samir Biswas at Bajghoria last night. As Biswas was not in the residence, two caretakers of the house - Susanta Das and Rajesh Marandi, were detained, Superintendent of Police R Rajsekharan said today.
The SP said Biswas used to treat Maoists and the two caretakers knew about this, so they have been detained.
During the raid in Biswas`s residence police found a large number of Maoists posters and leaflets.
The police today detained the brother and nephew of Biswas from Mahisilo colony of Asansol, the SP added.
Meanwhile, the local people put up a road blockade at Bajghoria area to protest the police detaining the caretakers and brother and nephew of Biswas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere