Police starts probe into mysterious death of TMC activist
Kolkata: The police has started a probe into the mysterious death of a 32-year-old Trinamool Congress activist who was found hanging in her rented apartment at Rajarhat on the outskirts of the city on Tuesday night.
Piyali Mukherjee, who had studied law in her home town Burdwan where she was a leader of the Trinamool Congress Chhatra Parishad, was staying alone in the flat, having shifted to the city over a year ago, the police said.
Piyali, who was allegedly close to a state minister, was practising at a city court for the past three/four months while her husband and six-year-old daughter were staying in Burdwan, the sources said.
The police found a suicide note at her room from which it appeared that she had been suffering from depression.
"We are investigating the case. We are waiting for the postmortem report. But from the prima face evidence it seems it is a suicide. But we are investigating all angles," Rajeev Kumar, police commissioner, Bidhan Nagar commissionerate, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!