Police vehicle rams into shop, kills child
Burdwan (West Bengal): A police vehicle on Sunday rammed into a roadside tea shop in Durgapur and killed a child sitting inside it leading to clashes between policemen and villagers in which 16 people were injured.
The person driving the vehicle ran away immediately after the accident in Amrai village leaving the class four boy dead on the spot, police said.
The body was so badly damaged that it could not be easily identified.
As angry locals started damaging the vehicle, a police team was rushed to control the situation.
Agitated villagers attacked the police with brickbats forcing policemen to fire rubber bullets.
In the hour-long clash, 6 policemen and 10 villagers were injured. They were given first-aid treatment.
ACP (East) S Silva Murugan said it is yet to be identified whether the person driving the vehicle was a police officer or a driver employed by the department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi