Police vehicle torched over move against chit fund
Jalpaiguri: A mob on Saturday torched a police vehicle at Jateswar in Jalpaiguri district after the policemen cautioned people in public address system against investing money in a chit fund, the police said.
The mob, consisting of agents and investors of the chit fund, got angry as the police did not take action against the chit fund officials though its offices were open.
The mob gathered easily as the police were cautioning the people against investing in the chit fund near a weekly market.
Superintendent of Police Amit Javalgi said the IC of Falakata Farid Hussain was not instructed to do so and he did it on his own.
He should not have done this, particularly on a day of weekly market, Javalgi said adding action would be taken against the IC.
The situation at Jateswar was under control now, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics