Police vehicle torched over move against chit fund
Jalpaiguri: A mob on Saturday torched a police vehicle at Jateswar in Jalpaiguri district after the policemen cautioned people in public address system against investing money in a chit fund, the police said.
The mob, consisting of agents and investors of the chit fund, got angry as the police did not take action against the chit fund officials though its offices were open.
The mob gathered easily as the police were cautioning the people against investing in the chit fund near a weekly market.
Superintendent of Police Amit Javalgi said the IC of Falakata Farid Hussain was not instructed to do so and he did it on his own.
He should not have done this, particularly on a day of weekly market, Javalgi said adding action would be taken against the IC.
The situation at Jateswar was under control now, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16