Police vehicle torched over move against chit fund
Jalpaiguri: A mob on Saturday torched a police vehicle at Jateswar in Jalpaiguri district after the policemen cautioned people in public address system against investing money in a chit fund, the police said.
The mob, consisting of agents and investors of the chit fund, got angry as the police did not take action against the chit fund officials though its offices were open.
The mob gathered easily as the police were cautioning the people against investing in the chit fund near a weekly market.
Superintendent of Police Amit Javalgi said the IC of Falakata Farid Hussain was not instructed to do so and he did it on his own.
He should not have done this, particularly on a day of weekly market, Javalgi said adding action would be taken against the IC.
The situation at Jateswar was under control now, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad