Police vehicle torched over move against chit fund
Jalpaiguri: A mob on Saturday torched a police vehicle at Jateswar in Jalpaiguri district after the policemen cautioned people in public address system against investing money in a chit fund, the police said.
The mob, consisting of agents and investors of the chit fund, got angry as the police did not take action against the chit fund officials though its offices were open.
The mob gathered easily as the police were cautioning the people against investing in the chit fund near a weekly market.
Superintendent of Police Amit Javalgi said the IC of Falakata Farid Hussain was not instructed to do so and he did it on his own.
He should not have done this, particularly on a day of weekly market, Javalgi said adding action would be taken against the IC.
The situation at Jateswar was under control now, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!