Policemen injured in clash in Burdwan
Burdwan (WB): Five policemen were injured
when they were attacked allegedly by villagers at Mongolkote
in Burdwan district.
"The villagers attacked the policemen and ransacked
vehicles when the police went to control a clash between two
political rivals at Amdob village," SDPO Katwa Jyotirmoy Roy
Trinamool Congress and CPI-M supporters clashed when
the latter was allegedly prevented from attending the death
anniversary of a party leader, Falguni Mukherjee, killed by
unknown gunmen, he said.
The injured were rushed to a local hospital.
The situation has been brought under control and the
police patrolling have been continuing there, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!