Poll violence: CPI(M) worker succumbs to bullet wounds
Kolkata: A CPI(M) worker Tuesday succumbed to
bullet injuries in hospital, two days after he was shot by a
Tripura State Rifles personnel at a booth in Patuli during
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose condoled the death of
Bapi Dhar and described as "unprovoked" the firing at the
booth on the city`s eastern outskirts during Sunday`s civic
Bose, a CPI(M) politburo member, also took exception to an
alleged remark by Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee
that the policeman could have been killed had he not fired.
The CPI(M) leader claimed that her comment that Dhar was
a "notorious criminal" was "in bad taste".
"The man (Dhar) was popular in the Patuli area of South
24 Parganas district and was known as a social worker. The
opposition leader`s comment is irresponsible and against
political culture of the state," Bose said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games