Poll violence: CPI(M) worker succumbs to bullet wounds
Kolkata: A CPI(M) worker Tuesday succumbed to
bullet injuries in hospital, two days after he was shot by a
Tripura State Rifles personnel at a booth in Patuli during
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose condoled the death of
Bapi Dhar and described as "unprovoked" the firing at the
booth on the city`s eastern outskirts during Sunday`s civic
Bose, a CPI(M) politburo member, also took exception to an
alleged remark by Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee
that the policeman could have been killed had he not fired.
The CPI(M) leader claimed that her comment that Dhar was
a "notorious criminal" was "in bad taste".
"The man (Dhar) was popular in the Patuli area of South
24 Parganas district and was known as a social worker. The
opposition leader`s comment is irresponsible and against
political culture of the state," Bose said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Kashmir unrest: J&K delegation meets PM Modi; seeks immediate ban on pellet gun
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside