Poll violence: CPI(M) worker succumbs to bullet wounds
Kolkata: A CPI(M) worker Tuesday succumbed to
bullet injuries in hospital, two days after he was shot by a
Tripura State Rifles personnel at a booth in Patuli during
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose condoled the death of
Bapi Dhar and described as "unprovoked" the firing at the
booth on the city`s eastern outskirts during Sunday`s civic
Bose, a CPI(M) politburo member, also took exception to an
alleged remark by Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee
that the policeman could have been killed had he not fired.
The CPI(M) leader claimed that her comment that Dhar was
a "notorious criminal" was "in bad taste".
"The man (Dhar) was popular in the Patuli area of South
24 Parganas district and was known as a social worker. The
opposition leader`s comment is irresponsible and against
political culture of the state," Bose said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife