Polling personnel killed in elephant attack
Bankura (WB): A polling official from Jalpaiguri district was killed by an elephant at Borjora in Bankura district, police said on Friday.
Kiran Chetri, a resident of Bhanunagar area of Jalpaiguri, was posted at a polling booth under Borjora police station in Bankura where the first phase of panchayat polls were held yesterday.
Chetri was attacked by an elephant when he was returning to the makeshift camp in a college building from Borjora School at around 2 AM, the police said.
Chetri started running but he was no match for the elephant who caught hold of him and tossed him across the road, the police said.
His body was sent for post-mortem to Bankura Medical College and Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'