Polling personnel killed in elephant attack
Bankura (WB): A polling official from Jalpaiguri district was killed by an elephant at Borjora in Bankura district, police said on Friday.
Kiran Chetri, a resident of Bhanunagar area of Jalpaiguri, was posted at a polling booth under Borjora police station in Bankura where the first phase of panchayat polls were held yesterday.
Chetri was attacked by an elephant when he was returning to the makeshift camp in a college building from Borjora School at around 2 AM, the police said.
Chetri started running but he was no match for the elephant who caught hold of him and tossed him across the road, the police said.
His body was sent for post-mortem to Bankura Medical College and Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’