Polling personnel killed in elephant attack
Bankura (WB): A polling official from Jalpaiguri district was killed by an elephant at Borjora in Bankura district, police said on Friday.
Kiran Chetri, a resident of Bhanunagar area of Jalpaiguri, was posted at a polling booth under Borjora police station in Bankura where the first phase of panchayat polls were held yesterday.
Chetri was attacked by an elephant when he was returning to the makeshift camp in a college building from Borjora School at around 2 AM, the police said.
Chetri started running but he was no match for the elephant who caught hold of him and tossed him across the road, the police said.
His body was sent for post-mortem to Bankura Medical College and Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores