Ponzi scam: Over 150 petitions found on rail track
Burdwan (WB): About 150 sheets, allegedly copies of petitions filed by depositors related to the Saradha chit fund scam, were found on the side of rail tracks between Kalna and Guptipara stations of Eastern Railway`s Howrah-Burdwan section on Sunday.
GRP sources said about 150 papers, claimed to be petitions of depositors from Murshidabad and Jharkhand, were spotted lying on the sides of the rail track at Purbo Satgachia station by local residents.
Locals claim that on close examination they found the papers were apparently submitted to the probe panel investigating into the Saradha fraud by depositors and agents and smelt a cover-up bid, but GRP sources say the papers would be passed on to the West Bengal police for verification.
The Commission of Inquiry, set up by the state government to probe irregularities in the chit fund schemes of the Saradha group and other companies, began work recently setting a target to submit its report within six months.
The Commission had so far received over four lakh complaints along with appeals for return of their deposits.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Hundreds of protesters storm Baghdad’s Green Zone, break into Parliament
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe
- In home turf in Bihar, Kanhaiya Kumar all praise for Nitish Kumar, Lalu Yadav; slams Modi govt