Ponzi scam: Trinamool MP Kunal Ghosh summoned for seventh time
Kolkata: Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh was summoned for the seventh time on Saturday by Bidhanangar police commissionarate in connection with the Saradha Group ponzi scam.
Ghosh, who was suspended from the party on September 28 for anti-party statements, was summoned this morning.
Ghosh had been summoned by the Bidhanagar Police for six times in the past one month in connection with the same scam.
He was earlier grilled by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs for several hours in the case.
Ghosh, who was the CEO of the Saradha media group, had earlier threatened to disclose names if he was arrested in the scam and demanded an inquiry by his party saying he had much to tell the leadership.
A few days ago, Somnath Dutta, a senior executive of Saradha media and a close aide of Ghosh was remanded to police custody for seven days in connection with the case.
The Saradha scam, in which lakhs of investors were duped, came to light in April after which group chairman Sudipta Sen was arrested along with two others from Sonmarg in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi