Ponzi scam: Trinamool MP Kunal Ghosh summoned for seventh time
Kolkata: Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh was summoned for the seventh time on Saturday by Bidhanangar police commissionarate in connection with the Saradha Group ponzi scam.
Ghosh, who was suspended from the party on September 28 for anti-party statements, was summoned this morning.
Ghosh had been summoned by the Bidhanagar Police for six times in the past one month in connection with the same scam.
He was earlier grilled by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs for several hours in the case.
Ghosh, who was the CEO of the Saradha media group, had earlier threatened to disclose names if he was arrested in the scam and demanded an inquiry by his party saying he had much to tell the leadership.
A few days ago, Somnath Dutta, a senior executive of Saradha media and a close aide of Ghosh was remanded to police custody for seven days in connection with the case.
The Saradha scam, in which lakhs of investors were duped, came to light in April after which group chairman Sudipta Sen was arrested along with two others from Sonmarg in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam