Ponzi scam: Trinamool MP Kunal Ghosh summoned for seventh time
Kolkata: Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh was summoned for the seventh time on Saturday by Bidhanangar police commissionarate in connection with the Saradha Group ponzi scam.
Ghosh, who was suspended from the party on September 28 for anti-party statements, was summoned this morning.
Ghosh had been summoned by the Bidhanagar Police for six times in the past one month in connection with the same scam.
He was earlier grilled by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs for several hours in the case.
Ghosh, who was the CEO of the Saradha media group, had earlier threatened to disclose names if he was arrested in the scam and demanded an inquiry by his party saying he had much to tell the leadership.
A few days ago, Somnath Dutta, a senior executive of Saradha media and a close aide of Ghosh was remanded to police custody for seven days in connection with the case.
The Saradha scam, in which lakhs of investors were duped, came to light in April after which group chairman Sudipta Sen was arrested along with two others from Sonmarg in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users