Ponzi scam: Trinamool MP Kunal Ghosh summoned for seventh time
Kolkata: Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh was summoned for the seventh time on Saturday by Bidhanangar police commissionarate in connection with the Saradha Group ponzi scam.
Ghosh, who was suspended from the party on September 28 for anti-party statements, was summoned this morning.
Ghosh had been summoned by the Bidhanagar Police for six times in the past one month in connection with the same scam.
He was earlier grilled by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs for several hours in the case.
Ghosh, who was the CEO of the Saradha media group, had earlier threatened to disclose names if he was arrested in the scam and demanded an inquiry by his party saying he had much to tell the leadership.
A few days ago, Somnath Dutta, a senior executive of Saradha media and a close aide of Ghosh was remanded to police custody for seven days in connection with the case.
The Saradha scam, in which lakhs of investors were duped, came to light in April after which group chairman Sudipta Sen was arrested along with two others from Sonmarg in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?