Ponzi scam: Trinamool MP Kunal Ghosh summoned for seventh time
Kolkata: Suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh was summoned for the seventh time on Saturday by Bidhanangar police commissionarate in connection with the Saradha Group ponzi scam.
Ghosh, who was suspended from the party on September 28 for anti-party statements, was summoned this morning.
Ghosh had been summoned by the Bidhanagar Police for six times in the past one month in connection with the same scam.
He was earlier grilled by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs for several hours in the case.
Ghosh, who was the CEO of the Saradha media group, had earlier threatened to disclose names if he was arrested in the scam and demanded an inquiry by his party saying he had much to tell the leadership.
A few days ago, Somnath Dutta, a senior executive of Saradha media and a close aide of Ghosh was remanded to police custody for seven days in connection with the case.
The Saradha scam, in which lakhs of investors were duped, came to light in April after which group chairman Sudipta Sen was arrested along with two others from Sonmarg in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened